Entering the Milton Keynes Business Achievement Awards (MKAA) couldn’t be simpler. The awards are open to any business with an MK postcode and the first stage of entry asks businesses to provide some basic information, such as what sectors you work in, how many staff, contractors, or volunteers you have and who your customers are.
Organisations are then asked to choose up to two categories to enter and each category has a specific question to answer, and that’s the first stage complete!
To make the process even easier, the brand new MKBAA judging panel for 2022 has shared some top tips to give you an insight into how you can write a winning award entry:
1. First impressions count – the Stage 1 Entry requires you to answer just one question about the category you are entering and is designed to help you focus on what the judges are looking for. Think carefully about how you present your biggest successes, in the clearest and most concise way.
2. What makes you stand out? – whether you’re new and innovative, or a business that’s been operating for many decades; we want to know what sets you apart from the competition. The judging panel is looking for a confident and considered display of your biggest achievements.
3. You’re halfway there – Stage 1 results will be published on December 14 and successful business will be invited to complete Stage 2. Entries for this stage closes on January 28. It is important to remember that whilst you are a step closer to an award, the judges now need to see the finer details that support your initial submission.
4. The devil is in the detail – at this stage we like to see case studies, stats, coverage and anything else that supports your entry. This is your opportunity to have maximum impact on the judges. Each submission is scored impartially by a six-strong judging panel, and independently verified before a final shortlist is agreed and announced on February 4.
5. Lights, Camera, Action! – every finalist will be featured on the Big Screen at the MKBAA 2022 ceremony, with a short film shown to guests at the awards dinner. This is your opportunity to shout about your business to potential customers, competitors and the media.
6. Winners – the winners will be announced on March 24, 2022 at a glittering awards ceremony, which will be held at Stadium MK, where guests will enjoy a three-course dinner, wine and entertainment.
The theme for the 2022 awards is ‘MK – Leading the UK’s Green Recovery – Survive, Revive & Thrive’ and there are 13 categories to enter, plus the Business of the Year and Lifetime Achievement Awards – the deadline for Stage 1 entries is November 26.
Enter now at http://www.mkbaa.co.uk/Submit-your-entry.
Follow @MK_BAA on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and LinkedIn for all of the latest updates.
Trophy Sponsor: SJD Electrical
Programme Sponsor: MK21
If you are interested in sponsoring the event or a category for 2022, please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org