A massive increase in demand for recruitment services in the retail sector has led a Northamptonshire agency to set up a dedicated resource hub for major on-site solution accounts at its town centre offices. ACS Recruitment, which names a number of e-commerce retail operations among is contract clients, set up the new hub to help cope with the change in emphasis on retail away from stores and onto e-commerce sites.
Chris Wright, Sales Director of ACS Recruitment cited the example of a client for which ACS Recruitment provides staff for both its Northampton warehouse and its Milton Keynes operation.
“We’ve provided a service for Northampton for some time and have recently taken on responsibility for the Milton Keynes warehouse, too,” said Chris. “In this instance, we have tripled our supply levels across our provision.
“So many customers have switched to shopping on the internet since the coronavirus pandemic, and the retailers have to react quickly to make sure they have the people to fulfil the orders and keep customers happy.”
Another client, which has recently added a purpose-built fulfilment centre in Peterborough to its two existing Rushden distribution centres to cope with the huge demand for its global brands. The Northamptonshire hub will provide a central resourcing service to account managers based at clients’ sites. Where increased workforce is required, the resource hub will identify, interview and allocate appropriate workers, leaving the account manager free to continue the day-to-day service ensuring clients have a workforce of the size it needs, with the skills they need.
Chris Wright added:
“Account managers are working with and for clients making sure we are filling the vacancies they have at any one time to keep the operation running smoothly and efficiently. The resource hub will bring together a bank of candidates that the recruitment consultants can identify and place at short notice, taking the pressure off the account managers and freeing them up to do the job they are in place to do.”
For more information, contact ACS Recruitment at www.acsrecruitment.co.uk
Benefits of the resource hub
- Single contact for recruitment and business needs.
- Communication levels are clear and concise with staffing levels constantly monitored and managed, saving time, resource and ultimately money.
- Full inductions carried out
- Management of all temporary staff – productivity / performance etc
- Single point of contact for payroll and invoicing
- Point of contact for resolving issues that may arise
- Increased operational productivity and output
- Improved role, company briefing and training
- 100% safe, legal and compliant temporary workforce
- Improved relationship management
- Cost savings, efficiencies and constant improvement to the service the client receives