Blues Community are looking for motivated individuals to join the growing community team and play a key role in the next stage of development as the organisation looks to widen its delivery across Bedfordshire from this summer.
Vacancies on casual hour terms are available as both sports coaches and summer holiday activators as Blues Community looks to come out of lockdown firing on all cylinders and continue to have an impact on the lives of young people in Bedfordshire.
Coaches will deliver programmes within the community including school projects, club initiatives, rugby camps, charity outreach programmes and various other casual coaching opportunities as required. This may occasionally include sports other than rugby, so a wide array of sporting knowledge would be preferable.
Reporting to the Head of Community, Adam King, these opportunities offer great flexibility with a variety of part-time or occasional sessions available.
- High-quality coaching delivery with a variety of ages.
- Work alongside coaching staff and support network on programmes.
- Promote Bedford Blues at events, match days and schools.
- Identify new revenue streams and help with new programme creations.
- Deliver on Bedford Blues Rugby Camps, match days and school programmes.
- Understand safeguarding policies and the correct communications procedure.
- Undertake a professional approach to the planning, preparation and execution of coaching and training sessions.
Essential Skills & Qualifications
- Valid UK driving licence
- Passion for sport and the development of inclusivity
- Experience of working with children and large groups
- NGB Coaching qualifications (other sports)
- Valid safeguarding certificate
- Valid DBS certificate
- First Aid qualified
- ERCA or Level 2 Coaching in Rugby Union
- Knowledge of the local rugby landscape is preferable
Blues Community will provide free training to all successful candidates ahead of beginning any role. As part of the training you will receive a DBS check, safeguarding training and support with coaching ideas. The hourly rate/salary will be competitive and based on experience.
Anyone interested in joining the Blues Community coaching staff for the 2021 summer holiday period will be asked to attend a training day to become accustomed to our safeguarding policies and correct communication procedures.
This will take place at Goldington Road on Wednesday, June 9 from 5pm to 7pm.
To apply, please email a CV and covering letter to Adam King at firstname.lastname@example.org who will then be in touch to discuss the further steps required.