Our experienced Building Consultancy team of chartered building surveyors and project managers operates across and throughout the UK. We work with developers, investors, landlords, funds and occupiers, providing a full range of professional building surveying related services associated with the practical aspects of owning, leasing, maintaining, developing and investing in commercial property.
We operate across all sectors, including offices, industrial and retail. As part of the UK’s largest integrated property services group, we empower our clients with knowledge and confidence. We adopt best practices, standards and adhere to guidelines when advising on all building matters.
We analyse cost, time and quality to ensure we are providing the best advice specific to our clients’ needs and, furthermore, we advise on matters relating to sustainability, thereby protecting the environment and potentially saving you money at the same time.
Should you require any professional advice on any of the following, do not hesitate to contact us for a discussion:
– BRCAs: Building Reinstatement Cost Assessment (BRCA) is the basis accepted by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) for undertaking an appraisal of a property. The term reinstatement covers the repair, reconstruction or the renewal of a property if damaged by fire or similar. Should you require a BRCA for insurance purposes please contact us.
– Building Surveys: A buildings survey is in- depth inspection of a property. It is a comprehensive survey which provides a detailed evaluation of a property’s condition. We can produce detailed survey report for both leasehold and freehold acquisition purposes.
– Dilapidations: Dilapidations relate to disrepair of properties and simply put are the maintenance and repairs required during and at the end of the lease. The majority of dilapidation claims relate to commercial premises. Landlords usually seek to enforce the tenants’ repairing obligations under the lease
– Schedule of Condition: A Schedule of Condition is a detailed recording of a property’s condition which is usually retained to use at a future time to establish the previous condition of the premises. The survey is typically included within a lease to limit tenants’ repairing obligations to the condition of the property at lease commencement.
– PPM: Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) is a report which schedules a repair or maintenance regime to prevent any disrepair to the building. This report includes budget costs associated with completing the recommended works and advises when the works must be completed.
– Project Management: We cover new build, CAT A and CAT B refurbishment and fit-outs. Our experts in project management will help you select and manage contractors and we will take full responsibility for ensuring that your fit-out project is delivered on time, on budget and meets all the necessary building regulations, sustainability and quality standards.
– Lease Events: We provide services at lease commencement all the way through to lease end ensuring that the obligations as per the terms of your agreement are met. We have a very clear understanding of how the law of property relates to your building. Determining when you can terminate your existing lease will help you understand your legal obligations and set a deadline for your relocation. LSH can offer the right strategy and advice on any lease event and will assist you with the entire process including: review existing lease liabilities and financial commitments; dilapidation surveys to assess exit costs at the end of the lease; and break clause implementation.
Lambert Smith Hampton’s Commercial Chartered Surveyors provide a full range of services for occupiers and landlords and provide professional support on all building matters. Contact the team on 01604 664366.