It doesn’t matter how big the brands you choose for your IT equipment and software, when it comes to its successful implementation, maintenance and troubleshooting, personal service is always going to beat a faceless call centre.
Mooncomputers has been providing IT services for over 20 years, from system engineering and installation through to security and disaster recovery, and while it works with global names, the Blisworth company prides itself on being small enough and local enough to give clients the peace of mind of knowing help is ‘on the doorstep’.
Its service packages are planned with the customer in mind, focusing on their critical services and workloads and understanding that two clients may be using the same hardware, software and support services, but they will be using them in two completely different ways, depending on the nature of their business.
With a keen eye on the local market and what businesses, particularly SMEs, want from their IT services provider, Mooncomputers has grasped the opportunity to give clients a high-end system with a personal touch.
Matt Dann, Sales Director, said:
“While we have a number of large national organisations as clients, the bulk of our base is local and most of those fall into the category of one to 100 employees.
“Our research shows that businesses of that size are looking for a locally based managed service provider to which they have ease of access; one that isn’t so big the client has to deal with people they haven’t spoken to before. If they need help immediately or out of hours, where if there’s an issue in the middle of the night, for instance, they’re going to be speaking to someone they know and trust. For us, the value is not so much in the system and products, but what you get in terms of service.
“There’s context to everything we do. We’re not just a reseller, we understand what our clients do and what they need from a system. If someone calls us with an issue, we know how they are likely to be affected, who else in the business is going to be affected and what the impact of the issue will be, and we tackle it from there.
“Our approach brings efficiencies and for a small business that’s an important factor.”
Mooncomputers’ services include:
- Managed Services – acting as a support company to simplify the reliable operation of a client’s IT infrastructure.
- Leased Lines and Communications – including mobile telephone, VOIP and domain hosting services.
- Licences and Software – optimising the purchase, deployment, utilisation and, ultimately, disposal of software applications within a business.
- Virtual Server – providing secure, cost-effective and adaptive virtual server technology solutions.
- Hardware – including desktop or laptop refreshes, computers, storage, networking or cloud services through large broadscale manufacturers and niche vendors.
- Imaging – providing a complete back-up system that will minimise business disruption should there be a major issue such as a system crash or virus attack.
- Branding – in partnership with Metro Merchandising, Mooncomputers can supply workwear and branded promotional products.
- Furniture – in partnership with Paradigm Commercial Furniture, Mooncomputers can help create a workspace that works for the client.
Colin has a background in IT and telecoms that covers everything from lease lines to fibre internet. He’s worked with firms including what was, at the time, the largest Cisco and IBM seller in the world; and most recently with a company of a similar size to Mooncomputers, helping it transform, in the space of two years, from a 50-employee firm to a business employing more than 500 people through natural growth and acquisition.
As well as drawing on experience and expertise from across the sector, Mooncomputers is also committed to bringing in new blood through an apprenticeship programme that is currently training three technical apprentices and two more in the sales team.
Matt Dann said:
“Apprentices are the future of the business, and we want to bring young people in, train them up to understand our ethos and the levels of service our customers expect. We’re already planning to move to additional office space in the near future because we’ve outgrown our Blisworth offices, and we are very optimistic about the future.
“We can look after virtually any aspect of IT services, from putting cabling under the desks to getting a full system up and running. But more importantly, we want to continue to grow our footprint in the business community, assure our existing customers that they’re getting a more local, more personalised service, and open up conversations with new customers to explain more about what we can do for them.”