Wedding with Thanks was designed by the team at Delapré Abbey at the start of the first lockdown, to thank and celebrate carers, key and essential workers. The prize on offer was a wedding with all the trimmings.
After receiving more than 300 entries an independent panel of judges, impressed by the couple’s commitment and determination during the pandemic, crowned nurse Megan Williams and police officer Ryan Warren the winners.
The couple, from a village in Northamptonshire, decided to wait until restrictions had eased and held their winning wedding this month – with everything from the venue, food and accommodation to photography, invitations, music, flowers and even the wedding cake generously donated.
“Everything about the day was perfect, we can’t believe how beautifully it all came together. It was the most magical day. All of the suppliers came together and just made the most incredible day, the food, the decor, everything was amazing!
“It still feels like a dream. met so many amazing people who we will stay in contact with. I’m sure when we’re home we will be catching up. Thank you so much to all of the local businesses who were a part of our day, you truly are amazing people we are eternally grateful.”
- Honey wedding favours – Applegate Organics
- Photography – courtesy of Sky Photography
- Stationery and invitations – courtesy of Tangerine Red
- Wedding rings – courtesy of Michael Jones Jewellers
- MC and DJ – courtesy of Potter Group Events
- A wedding band for the evening – courtesy of White Room
- Bridal hair – courtesy ofSeckingtons
- Wedding meal – courtesy of Tom Hewer Hospitality
- Three tier wedding cake – courtesy ofGardners Bakery
- Floristry and styling – courtesy of Florry
- Venue dressing – courtesy of ForeverMore Events
- Wine and fizz – courtesy of Carlsberg
“So many couples had to put their weddings on hold during the pandemic so we wanted to recognise and thank those who were making such an extraordinary difference during covid.“Selecting a shortlist for the judges took hours and hours, there were just so many amazing stories of both love and of courage. Since running the competition more than a dozen of the couples who entered but did not win have chosen to hold their weddings with us.”
“We have recently restored one of our cottages into an elegantly decorated bridal suite, complete with a master bedroom, second bedroom, picturesque views of the Abbey, a downstairs kitchen and dining room and even a private garden overlooking our walled garden.”