What is video marketing?
Simply put, video marketing is using video to promote your brand, product or service. It can be an extremely effective way to connect with prospective customers and stand out from competitors in what is otherwise a digitally overcrowded landscape.
Types of video marketing
- Video banner ads. Videos that appear as advertisements on a landing page or website.
- Pre-, mid-, or post-roll video. Advertisements that play before, during, or after an online video or a video posted on social media.
- TV video ads. Video content that airs as traditional advertisements on TV outlets or streaming services.
- Live video. includes real-time streaming of an event, conversation, or product launch.
- Sponsored video. This type of content can be identified by the legally required disclaimer attached. This category can also cover unboxings, how-tos and reviews of products or services.
- Company culture videos. These highlight the human side of your brand. They should show your audience what work life is like at your company.
- Educational video content. For these videos, you may take a topic that aligns with your brand and marketing message and create knowledge-based video content.
- Short form social media video. This is the overarching category that TikToks and Instagram reels tend to fall into. They’re fun, creative videos that can incorporate effects, transitions and captions into a value-packed minute or so.
And that’s just a drop in the ocean of the types of video marketing your business could be utilising.
Why is video marketing important?
If I asked you to snap your fingers, how long would that take you? Seconds? A fraction of a second? That’s how much time you have to grab the attention of your audience when they are scrolling through their feed. The motion in video marketing has the unique ability to capture even the shortest of attention spans and make them pause and listen. The recollection of video content is also far more than that of written content.
How can it be effective in helping grow your brand?
Video helps with three imperative stages of brand development. Differentiation, retention and growth.
Standing out from the crowd is the name of the game when it comes to quality marketing, and the endless opportunities to make unique and interesting content that video as a medium can provide will help you do just that.
Videos have been proven to enhance information retention in a way that written content cannot solely compete with.
Growth is the end goal of every marketing strategy and video is increasingly being proven to give you a boost in reaching those goals. According to Animoto’s Emerging Video Marketing Trends for 2022 report, 93% of businesses landed a new customer after sharing a video on social media. Which is a level of growth opportunity that most businesses can’t afford to pass up.
Another way video can contribute to the growth of a business/brand is through its SEO opportunities. Though it may not come to mind straight away, video is an SEO gold mine. It can work toward developing a healthy number of backlinks to your site, boost likes and shares (which can affect search rankings), and with the help of a strong CTA (Call to action) drive traffic to your site. It’s also worth remembering that YouTube is owned by Google so posting your videos to YouTube and tagging with keywords is incredibly beneficial to your SEO efforts.
If you’d like some help unlocking the marketing potential of video, then get in touch with us at All Things Business.