Service is everything when it comes to choosing and relying on an IT partner that is genuinely there whenever you need them.
According to the team at Mooncomputers, there are a number of reasons why companies decide it’s time for a change of IT partner. Cost is rarely the main factor – but not providing the high standards of service that Mooncomputers prides itself on almost certainly is.
The Blisworth company provides everything from system engineering and installation through to security and disaster recovery, and while it works with global names, it remains local enough to give clients the peace of mind of knowing help is ‘on the doorstep’.
Services are planned with the customer front and centre, and with a keen eye on the local market and what businesses, particularly SMEs, want and need from their IT services provider. The company’s ethos of working ‘with the customer in mind’ ensures that every aspect of a service agreement and all elements of the relationship are focused on what benefits they deliver to the customer. A 24/7 helpdesk provides robust and cost-effective support and service level agreements guarantee ‘up-time’ and decreased disruption to core business activities, backed up by maintenance contracts that ensure equipment is supported from day one.
Andy Prideaux, Customer Service Director at Mooncomputers, said: “All clients want is to know their IT is working, reliable and protected against anything that might disrupt their business, such as cyber attacks or equipment letting them down.
“Because client satisfaction is the basis for everything we do, we don’t think of customer service as a department of our business, every department at Mooncomputers has customer service at its core.
“There are some key signs that it’s time to change your IT partner, and for companies that are weighing up the issues and looking for a partner they can rely on, we’re right here waiting to help.”
According to Mooncomputers, the key signs that your partner is not delivering are:
- Not flexible to your business needs – you may feel you’re paying for a service you’re not getting or that issues remain unresolved for far too long, or the service isn’t tailored to what your business actually requires to keep it functioning smoothly.
- Missing service level agreement standards – do you know what your service level agreement standards are? If you do, are they being met? If you don’t, how can you tell if you’re getting the service you’re paying for?
- Security breaches and recurring issues – if your system isn’t being adequately protected or maintained it means system downtime, which in turn means you stand to lose productivity or profits, not to mention a lack of confidence in your service from your own customers.
- Lack of response time – more downtime as company business can’t carry on as normal until the issues are resolved. An IT partner that keeps you waiting is costing you money.
- Level of technical expertise not consistent – if you call your IT partner and speak to a different person each time, there will be delays. Without a dedicated account manager, you won’t always have confidence that the person on the other end of the line understands your needs.
- Not keeping you up to date on latest tech – nothing holds the workflow up like having outdated equipment. Your IT partner should be proactive in ensuring you’re keeping pace with your competitors and providing an efficient and seamless service for your customers.
- Surprises on your monthly invoice – you’re paying a set amount but then find there are add-ons you hadn’t been made aware of but are suddenly part of a hefty bill.
Andy Prideaux said: “At Mooncomputers our Customer Services team regularly meets with our customers to discuss service levels and ways we can enhance our support. The findings from the meetings give us actions that are put in place as part of our evolving service level. Keeping up with our customers’ changing needs and helping them take advantage of emerging technologies is an important part of those relationships.
“All too often we hear that companies are not happy with their IT service and want to find a company that will make sure they are getting what they are paying for. You wouldn’t accept poor quality or lack of interest from other partners or suppliers, so why would you accept it from an IT partner.
“To us, it’s not just about the technology and solutions we provide, we want to see our customers’ businesses succeed, and if they are going to succeed, businesses can’t afford to put up with a service that is delivering less than they agreed to pay for. So, if you’re losing money and working hours trying to deal with IT issues that someone else should be resolving, you need to look for an IT partner that delivers what you want, with complete focus on your business, its systems and keeping them working efficiently and effectively.
“It’s our mission to make sure our customers get value for money and an ongoing return on investment, and customers gravitate to us because of our approach to client services, customer services and support.”
Find out more about Mooncomputers at the website or call 01604 879330.